I’m reflecting on areas in my life that might serve as barriers to intimacy with God. It’s my desire to identify those areas so that I can manage them better. These are the current ones that I need to be mindful of:
1. Busyness–having entirely too much to do. I need to decline some invitations so that I am not always on the go.
2. Fatigue–I’m sure this relates to #1.
3. Procrastination–if I keep putting off intimacy, it will never happen.
4. The telephone/Internet–I get so easily distracted by these. Time seems to fly by when I am talking on the phone or surfing the net.
5. Lack of surrender–I cannot be transparent with God if I am not willing to put everything on the table. He desires the same loyalty that I desire of my fiance…soon to be husband:0)
6. Lack of Hunger–If I’m not hungry, then I am not motivated. I pray that I will always be hungry to know God in ways that I’ve never known before.
These are the biggest areas that have served as roadblocks to seeking intimacy with God. I pray that I will be ever so sensitive to my connection with him. Just as a radio that is out of tune produces static, being out of tune with God produces static in my spiritual life–the power cannot flow through. I pray that those disconnected periods will decrease, and that if I am tempted to disconnect that my spirit will be convicted.
I pray that disconnection will break my heart the same way that it breaks God’s.